We are an early learning center in Center City Philadelphia serving approximately 130 children between the ages of 6 weeks and 5 years. Our 13,000 square foot facility has been newly constructed and aspires to achieve a Keystone 4 Star rating within the first 4 years.
We are wholeheartedly optimistic about every child s potential and are looking for a teacher who shares this optimism, is self-motivated and bring enthusiasm and energy to the role.
The Part-Time/Substitute staff is responsible for ensuring the supervision and safety as well as the academic, social, and emotional growth and development of all children in their care. The Part-Time/Substitute staff is also responsible for assuring compliance with all state and local governing contracting agencies while working under the direction of the lead and assistant teachers. All staff must believe in and act in accordance with Aspen Grove s program mission and vision statements.
- High School Diploma or CDA Certification.
- Two years teaching experience.
Desired Additional Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet each child and parent/caregiver as they arrive and pick up each day.
- Maintain professional confidentiality for every family in the center.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate, inviting classroom environment that supports the goals of the program.
- Maintain on-going, open communications with parents/caregivers.
- Maintain open, on-going communication with the Lead and Assistant Teacher.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely agency records as needed.
- Participate in professional development opportunities in accordance with state, local, and STARS requirements.
- Change diapers/pull-ups as needed and assist with toilet training once appropriate.
- Provide a classroom environment that fosters parent participation.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for every child s background and culture.
- Complete daily health checks regarding hygiene, safety, and well being of children.
- Report any signs of abuse to Child Line as well as the Center Director.
- Practice and model good hygiene i.e. frequent, proper hand washing, sanitizing and disinfecting classroom furniture, etc.
- Administer first aid as needed following universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Maintain an updated Training Record on PA Keys.
- Attend and participate meaningfully in monthly staff meetings.
- Participate in monthly supervision with Center Director.
- Participate in bi-annual evaluations with Center Director.
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices.
- Good communication, problem-solving, and prioritizing skills.
- Positive and professional attitude and disposition.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement developmentally appropriate activities.
- Ability to use technology to input data.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to lift/carry up to fifty pounds.
- Ability to move easily and comfortably with children throughout the day i.e. sitting, standing, squatting, etc.
- Ability to print and speak sufficiently with parents and children.
- Ability to maneuver steps, possibly while carrying children.
All employees, regardless of position, serve as role models for children and adolescents who are served by our agency. Therefore, each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents, and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions, as well as inappropriate emotional expression, are not acceptable.
The Aspen Grove School is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
This job description is not all-inclusive. You may be asked to perform additional duties as needed.